I was out walking around, snapping some photos, and this guy shouts to me “i’ll let you take my picture if you give me a quarter.” An odd request… it confused me at first, and took me a second to realize he was just asking for money. It turned into a fifteen minute spur-of-the-moment photoshoot. And a talk. he was an ex bank-robber, spent time in jail in california, etc. His father teaches painting at one of the Cal State schools and is an exhibiting artist. Interesting conversations. Also interesting is what can happen when we pull ourselves away from our treo/crackberry/sms-enabled mini-computers that pull and tug at our connections to the real world.
- The Makers of Things is stunningly brilliant
- “Hands” tries to give Honda a hand
- National Geographic Found unearths the beauty of the past
- Old shoes provide fuel for some beautiful animation from ManvsMachine
- The naming of products is a difficult matter. Or is it? Just look at the typefaces!
- The importance of Proofreading
- A busy few weeks (OR to NYC to OR to SD and back)
- The Uncluded: blending musical genres in the best ways with genius lyrics
- Celebrate Color: 50 years with PANTONE [infographic]