Sitting in Banh Cuon Tinh Danh (highly recommended) enjoying some of the best Bo’ Kho I’ve ever had, I turn my head slighty to attempt to isolate the music in the air from the loud yet surprisingly pleasing sounds of pots-and-pans, Vietnamese conversations, and an abnormally loud hvac system when I hear something familiar. My mind searches the tens of thousands of songs that are partially embedded in my brain when I realized what my brain was trying to extract from my ears. It’s a modern Vietnamese cover of “I Got You Babe,” complete with male and female vocals, and that same unsettling refrain. And it is bizarre. Yet in the atmosphere of Tinh Danh, it seems subtly perfect.
- The Makers of Things is stunningly brilliant
- “Hands” tries to give Honda a hand
- National Geographic Found unearths the beauty of the past
- Old shoes provide fuel for some beautiful animation from ManvsMachine
- The naming of products is a difficult matter. Or is it? Just look at the typefaces!
- The importance of Proofreading
- A busy few weeks (OR to NYC to OR to SD and back)
- The Uncluded: blending musical genres in the best ways with genius lyrics
- Celebrate Color: 50 years with PANTONE [infographic]