I’ve been watching a few one-take videos lately, like the DJ Format & Abdominal video above, and have been doing a bit of thinking. The planning, thought, and pure creativity that is required to produce something in one take is fascinating. Take a look at the One Take Film Festival to get a better idea. One-take videos are great, but what other applications other than video can live in the same realm and under the same regualtions as a one-take video? What other types of creativity can be spawned by doing something straight through without any editing? I’m going to explore.
- The Makers of Things is stunningly brilliant
- “Hands” tries to give Honda a hand
- National Geographic Found unearths the beauty of the past
- Old shoes provide fuel for some beautiful animation from ManvsMachine
- The naming of products is a difficult matter. Or is it? Just look at the typefaces!
- The importance of Proofreading
- A busy few weeks (OR to NYC to OR to SD and back)
- The Uncluded: blending musical genres in the best ways with genius lyrics
- Celebrate Color: 50 years with PANTONE [infographic]