So I can’t deny that I’ve got somewhat of a fascination with primates, and monkeys of any sort in commercials always amuse me (like the Cadbury Gorilla). The newest Arby’s commercial, created by Merkley + Partners, and produced by Tool of North America, is one of the first Arby’s commercials that I’ve loved, and continue to laugh at, over and over. It’s not the classiest humor, and sure, it’s a bit crude, but there’s just something about chimps riverdancing a la Michael Flatley that really makes me pay attention.
Sure, you can aruge it’s not one of the greatest commercials of all time, but it makes me laugh every time I see it. And I actually find myself paying attention to an Arby’s commercial.
- The Makers of Things is stunningly brilliant
- “Hands” tries to give Honda a hand
- National Geographic Found unearths the beauty of the past
- Old shoes provide fuel for some beautiful animation from ManvsMachine
- The naming of products is a difficult matter. Or is it? Just look at the typefaces!
- The importance of Proofreading
- A busy few weeks (OR to NYC to OR to SD and back)
- The Uncluded: blending musical genres in the best ways with genius lyrics
- Celebrate Color: 50 years with PANTONE [infographic]