So a few weeks ago I wrote about the Cadburry Gorilla spot, directed by Juan Cabral at Fallon. I was impressed, and found it superb on a few different levels, but one thing I hadn’t really thought about was it’s effects on Phil Collins. As he’s on tour through North America with Genesis, his single from November 1980 has re-risen on the UK charts. In The Air Tonight has been on the Billboard European Hot 100 Singles for three weeks running, the UK Downloads Chart for four weeks (peaking at #9), and is on the Official UK Singles chart right behind Fergie. Amazing what can happen when a gorilla nails the drum solo to your 27-year-old hit in a commercial. For a bit more info (and a short interview with Cabral) check out Creativity Online.
- The Makers of Things is stunningly brilliant
- “Hands” tries to give Honda a hand
- National Geographic Found unearths the beauty of the past
- Old shoes provide fuel for some beautiful animation from ManvsMachine
- The naming of products is a difficult matter. Or is it? Just look at the typefaces!
- The importance of Proofreading
- A busy few weeks (OR to NYC to OR to SD and back)
- The Uncluded: blending musical genres in the best ways with genius lyrics
- Celebrate Color: 50 years with PANTONE [infographic]