I’m a sucker for great skate films. Always have been, and probably always will be. But its only every few years that I see something that truly impresses me. And this intro to Lakai‘s Fully Flared is definitely one of those things. Directed by Spike Jonze, it’s impressive, beautiful, and just downright cool. It’s good to see amazing stuff like this still happening. It’s a refreshing breath in a sea of mediocrity. And yes, those explosions are real, and they were skating through ’em. (and if you don’t have time to watch it all, at least check out Mike Mo Capaldi in the last minute.
- The Makers of Things is stunningly brilliant
- “Hands” tries to give Honda a hand
- National Geographic Found unearths the beauty of the past
- Old shoes provide fuel for some beautiful animation from ManvsMachine
- The naming of products is a difficult matter. Or is it? Just look at the typefaces!
- The importance of Proofreading
- A busy few weeks (OR to NYC to OR to SD and back)
- The Uncluded: blending musical genres in the best ways with genius lyrics
- Celebrate Color: 50 years with PANTONE [infographic]