I’ve been a big fan of most of the creative billboards that Leo Burnett Chicago has been turning out for McDonalds of late, like the breakfast sun dial and the salad billboard. This one follows closely in step, with a giant mechanical egg that cracks first thing in the morning, revealing a yolk with “Fresh Eggs Daily” printed on it at the same time as McDonalds will be cooking up fresh eggs. The egg closes back up by 10:30, when breakfast eggs are no longer available and stays shut until the next morning. Brilliant translation/vizualisation of such a simple idea.
- The Makers of Things is stunningly brilliant
- “Hands” tries to give Honda a hand
- National Geographic Found unearths the beauty of the past
- Old shoes provide fuel for some beautiful animation from ManvsMachine
- The naming of products is a difficult matter. Or is it? Just look at the typefaces!
- The importance of Proofreading
- A busy few weeks (OR to NYC to OR to SD and back)
- The Uncluded: blending musical genres in the best ways with genius lyrics
- Celebrate Color: 50 years with PANTONE [infographic]