I’ve always been intrigued by sand art as an artistic video medium, partly because it’s vaguely reminiscent of Alexeieff’s pinscreen animation. I’ve only seen sand art used in an advertising direction in the Qwest commercials that keep coming out [youtube] & [qwest site]. I have to be honest, the first time I saw one of the Qwest spots, I thought it was cool, but on the whole, it’s just disappointing and doesn’t live up to the potential of the medium. This video I just stumbled across via Wooster just confirms the potential that sand + video manipulation have, and it pretty much made my day.
- The Makers of Things is stunningly brilliant
- “Hands” tries to give Honda a hand
- National Geographic Found unearths the beauty of the past
- Old shoes provide fuel for some beautiful animation from ManvsMachine
- The naming of products is a difficult matter. Or is it? Just look at the typefaces!
- The importance of Proofreading
- A busy few weeks (OR to NYC to OR to SD and back)
- The Uncluded: blending musical genres in the best ways with genius lyrics
- Celebrate Color: 50 years with PANTONE [infographic]